Introducing the new ball from Titleist – AVX.
“The New Titleist AVX golf ball utilizes a breakthrough core, cover and aerodynamic technology. AVX is a premium performance golf ball for golfers who prioritize distance and extremely soft feel with a piercing, low ball flight. It has been engineered to be the lowest flying, lowest spinning and softest feeling high performance golf ball in the Titleist line.”
A great comparison to the ProV1 and ProV1X is this graph supplied by Titleist. Showing that it’s a comparable ball depending on your type of play.
Our Professional Jason Glanz still prefers the ProV1x’s however as a higher handicapper I have found the AVX to be better suited to my game. While the spin is lower, that bit of extra distance (I have gained 10-15 metres on my drive!!!), now gives me a better look at my second shots and more chances to score.
The ball feels so soft off the club and the sound is just as sweet.
The price point is the same as the ProV1’s, which feels initially a little high given this is a new ball aimed at giving you another option from the ProV1’s. Initially I found this a bit hard to digest, however after playing a number of rounds – I couldn’t help but feel this was just the right ball for my game.
And the kicker to those who like a bit of jazz to their game – it also comes in high-optic yellow!
The Titleist AVX is now in our Golf Shop at Eagle Ridge Golf Course. Swing past and come give them a try.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AVX
Featuring a proprietary multi-component construction, AVX delivers remarkable distance and penetrating flight, very low long game and iron spin, exceptionally soft feel and premium scoring control through the following new technologies:
- An innovative high speed, low compression core technology results in a powerful engine to drive remarkable distance with exceptionally soft feel.
- The invention of a new high flex casing layer enhances speed and controls spin to promote even greater distance.
- The proprietary GRN41 thermoset cast urethane elastomer cover has been specifically formulated by Titleist Golf Ball R&D to deliver premium scoring control with exceptionally soft feel and long lasting durability.
- A unique catenary aerodynamic design delivers a piercing, low trajectory while providing a consistent ball flight on all shots.
- AVX is made by Titleist associates in the company’s state-of-the-art Ball Plant 3 manufacturing facility (also home to the industry-leading Pro V1 and Pro V1x models) to the highest performance and quality specifications in the industry, ensuring the most consistent performance ball to ball, and dozen to dozen.
To learn more visit Titleist Australia