Eagle Ridge Golf Course 10th Tee Upgrade
Sounds like a simple task, get Scott our golf course superintendent at Eagle Ridge Golf Course and his team to “fix up the 10th tee”.
His response runs along the lines of….. “Reconstruction of the 10th is part of our ongoing program of changing over the entire tee systems to a surface of Wintergreen Couch. Like all of the remaining cool season grass tee systems, addressing the very uneven nature of the tee is paramount. It is therefore best to totally strip back and commence as a green field site”.
So, this will then fix up the 10th tee???
Sure, so here goes with the process involved:
- First stripping away all the tee and garden bed material that was there
- Next total replacement of the existing irrigation pipe work
- After this we then bring in many truck loads of soil from our onsite reserves to raise the level of each individual tee box, each was then shaped and levelled by hand and with the front end loader.
- Once at this completed shaping stage, Wintergreen Couch instant turf which was grown onsite was laid progressively from one tee box area to the next.
- Finally we needed to allow grown in periods, where the grass was then mowed from a higher cut to progressively lower, along with some additional sanding to complete the leveling process and get the tee ready for play.
So come visit and see how we have “fixed up the 10th tee” – see a simple 10 minute job really for those of us in the know!!
Grass may look dead, but it may actually just be asleep!
Dormant grass is very common. Subtle changes of temperature in the Earth’s surface can determine whether a grass becomes dormant or not. In the lead up to a grass going dormant, it will take in extra nutrients so it can survive a winter period. It will then come back to life in the Spring season and look as green as the grass on the other side of that fence.